The Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP) provides a one-time payment of up to $400 to families who are totally without shelter or face the loss of shelter because of non-payment of rent or mortgage. It also helps those families who have had household disasters such as fire, flood, or other accidents.
Click Here For Website
Eligibility requirements include:
- The household must have at least one child under the age of 18.
- The household must live in Florida, or be working or looking for work in Florida.
- At least one child or caretaker in the home must be a U. S. citizen or legal resident.
- You must have proof of your housing emergency, for example, a copy of a court ordered eviction or foreclosure notice. In the event of a natural disaster such as fire or flood, the EFAHP office can make a telephone call to the sheriff's office, fire department, Department of Children and Families' office, etc., if you provide us with a phone number.
- If you do not have enough money in your checking/savings accounts, or the cash to pay your rent or mortgage.
- The total household income is compared to the State of Florida's need standard to decide whether the household is eligible.
Income Eligibility Requirements |
(per income guidelines published in the Federal Register, February 2008)
|Household Size||Monthly Income||Household Size||Monthly Income|
|1||Not Eligible||5||$4,134 or Less|
|2||$2,334 or Less||6||$4,734 or Less|
|3||$2,934 or Less||7||$5,334 or Less|
|4||$3,534 or Less||8||$5,934 or Less|
|Each additional member add $600|
- All income received during the month you apply is considered, except for those household members who receive SSI.
- If you are having financial problems, it must be due to a real emergency, and not from mishandling your money.
- You must provide proof of your present living address. Examples include a rent receipt, utility bill, or other paperwork that lists the name of the head of household or other caretaker, and the present address.
- Your application must be signed and dated.
To apply for the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program, the following forms must be completed:
(3 day eviction notice, default notice, or foreclosure notice, etc.) should be mailed to:
Office on Homelessness - PDHO
1317 Winewood Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0700
Please call us toll-free at 1-877-891-6445 [or in Tallahassee at (850)488-3700] if you have any questions.